• Click on the Cygwin online website.
• You need to go to its online website for downloading the 32bit or 64bit file, which is known as Cygwin.
• Go to the downloaded Cygwin setup.
• Go through the download procedure.
• After that, start installing Cygwin on your Windows PC.
• You will get many options on your screen.
• You need to choose one option.
• Once the installation is complete, go to the Cygwin64 Terminal.
• Click twice on the shortcut to open the Cygwin64 Terminal.
• Start using the below-mentioned command:
• This command is used for changing the directory.
• Now, the directory gets changed to your desktop.
• After that, type the below-mentioned command:
Steps to Run SH Files Through the Windows Subsystem
• Enable Your Windows Subsystem for the Linux
1. Keep pressing on the Windows and R keys together.
2. After that, enter appwiz.cpl.
3. Click on the Enter option.
4. Press on the Turn Windows Features on or off option.
5. This option is located on the left-hand corner.
6. Go down to the end of the display.
7. Choose the Windows Subsystem for Linux option.
8. Press on the OK option for a start installing it.
9. After the procedure gets completed, follow the other steps.
• Install the Linux Distro for the Windows PC
1. Keep pressing on the Windows and R keys together for opening the Run box.
2. Enter “ms-windows-store” in the given box.
3. Click on the Enter button.
4. Find Ubuntu.
5. Press on the one which is showing in the search result.
6. Start downloading it.
7. Start using the PowerShell command mentioned below for downloading the Linux distro:
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://aka.ms/wsl-ubuntu-1604 -OutFile Ubuntu.appx -UseBasicParsing
9. You need to begin the download process of distro through the curl command mentioned below:
curl.exe -L -o ubuntu-1604.appx https://aka.ms/wsl-ubuntu-1604
11. After downloading the distro, the installing process of distro begins automatically.
12. Enter a new username.
13. After that, enter a password.
• Initialize a New Installed Distro and Run SH File
1. Some of the distros which you can download come along the empty or minimal package through the below-mentioned command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
2. Start changing the directory to the .sh file folder through the below-mentioned command:
3. Enter the below-mentioned command to run the SH file:
Steps to Run SH Files on Windows Through Git Command Line
• Click on the official link for downloading the Git for your Windows PC.
• Go to the downloaded Git setup for installing the Git.
• Complete the installation procedure.
• After that, go through the options which you wish to get or not.
• Keep pressing on the Windows and S keys together.
• Those keys will launch the search function.
• Enter Git Bash.
• Click on the Enter option.
• Start changing the directory on that folder where you have saved the file.
• You need to enter the below-mentioned command:
• Enter the below-mentioned command to run SH command:
Linda Wilson is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.